Looking for polymer and/or adhesives professionals!
Contact Candy Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Senior Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS) is a Subject Matter Expert in several technical disciplines, impactful across Amazon, and provides leadership to senior and mid-level engineers in innovating world-class manufacturing processes. For this particular role, the MTS will have a specialization in adhesives or, at the least, polymeric materials. (S)he will work within the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team under the larger Operations organization. (S)he will collaborate with technical leaders to anticipate strategic needs and develop systems and processes to address them. An MTS will work cross-functionally with the Amazon technical community to innovate manufacturing processes.
Day to Day duties
* Combine technical analysis and business acumen to create well-informed, strategic decisions impacting Operations.
* Lead manufacturing process implementation for new product introduction (NPI) including:
-Attend new technology reviews to provide leadership in identifying and mitigating critical manufacturing issues early with the engineering teams
– Work closely with cross-functional departments to ensure seamless processes and adherence to best practices o Evaluate new technologies and processes for Operations
* Lead the development and execution of new manufacturing projects through the Manufacturing New Technology Initiative (NTI) Process
*Lead Amazon’s Engineering and Operations groups to help drive efficiencies and innovation to establish world-best manufacturing processes
* Collaborate with other members of the AME direct staff, such as Manufacturing Test Engineering (MTE), Manufacturing Technical Management (MTM), and Manufacturing Design Engineering (MDE), to address tactical issues and align with AME’s strategic vision.
* Develop and mentor Top Tier Technical Talent across the operations organization
* Write and present technical and narrative “stand-alone” documents to communicate ideas and concepts to all levels of the organization.
* Collaborate with Engineering peers to develop common methods for achieving manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Develop, evaluate, document, and improve processes leading to Year-on-Year improvements as measured by first pass yield, process capability, non-recurring engineering and capital expenditure costs.
* Be a role model in exemplifying Amazon’s Leadership Principles
* Foreign and domestic travel as needed up to 25% of the time
Areas of Focus
· New Technologies: Identifying, evaluating, developing and scaling new manufacturing processes to enable innovative products either individually or collaboratively
· “Fast-Fail” Techniques: Developing statistical means to evaluate new processes/ technologies. Define methods, measures, experiments, and sample sizes to evaluate new processes to increasing success rate and confidence levels in final decisions
· Thinks Big: Leveraging Amazon-wide strengths to create greater synergies for the Amazon Operations team to solve complex current and future problems.
· Educate, Advocate and Mentor: Being a role model and creating an environment for collaborating on new ideas and processes with technical and management peers.
· Technically Fearless while being Balanced and Pragmatic: Constantly challenging our ways of business and processes while weighing the benefits and opportunity costs to implement.
* Masters of Science in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related technical fields. Specialization in polymer science with an emphasis on adhesives
* 10+ years of relevant experience in technical operations and process development in a consumer electronics environment.
* 10+ years of experience in working with overseas contract manufacturing organizations
* Experience in all phase of product development cycle (concept to end of life)
* Experience creating Intellectual Property rights including patents and trade secrets
* Experience presenting to large and diverse groups, including the executive level and technical peers
* PhD in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
* Specialization in polymer science with an emphasis on adhesives
* 15 years of experience in technical operations and process development in a consumer electronics environment
* 15 years of experience in working with overseas contract manufacturing organizations · Demonstrated ability to create concise and precise written and oral communications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation