Category Archives: Jobs
Polymer and/or adhesives professional for Amazon Lab126 in Sunnyvale, California. Join our amazing team of inventors! Have fun and work hard! Contact Candy Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org Continue reading
Work hands on in a fast pace environment on New Product Development and Introduction
Perform FMEAs to identify risks and mitigations for new products
Develop product specifications and release criteria based on customer requirements and process capability
Raw material qualification (develop testing and risk plan, talk to vendors)
Help design and analyze experiments for property and process ranges
Work cross functionally with sales, R&D, manufacturing, customers and vendors
Work at times in clean room environment
Assist in equipment validation and qualification
Assist in creating a design control system
Technical reporting and documentation
Familiar with basic statistics and how to apply them
Bachelors of Science or higher education
5+ years of relevant experience
Self-starter, nimble, friendly, and organized
Familiar with basic metrology methods such as tensile, rheology, and microscopy
Familiar with ISO 9001:205
Can prioritize work, self-driven and can work independently
JMP or other statistical software Continue reading
The successful candidate will provide polymer expertise and support for the R&D of new products and materials used in our industrial heat-tracing applications. Interested candidates may send their CV to email@example.com
• Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
• Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling mechanisms.
• Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
• Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
• Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
• Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
• Implement statistical process control tools.
• Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
• Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Desired Skills and Background
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, with additional knowledge in surface chemistry, polymers, analytical methods, and molecular biology.
• 5 years relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry.
• Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
• Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
• Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
• PhD. +10 years, M.S. +12 years, or B.S. +15 years’ experience desired with a background in Polymer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
• Deep knowledge of polymer films and processing techniques
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis (JMP, etc.)
• Demonstrated record of innovation and new material development bringing novel polymeric elastomers, coatings, adhesives, and/or composites to market.
• Effective communication of technical findings to drive decision-making.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving.
Manages the Analytical lab supporting all Delphon products, lab requests and managing lab and equipment resources. Develops material solutions for new customer applications, working with sales and manufacturing to assure the product meets customer specifications and is transferred to manufacturing with complete process documentation. Interface with customers, sales and manufacturing on the product launch. Manages, mentors and trains the technical staff of chemists and technicians. Has complete ownership of the Gel-Pak silicone technology, processes and strategic vendors. Responsible for assisting manufacturing with root cause analysis of material problems in-house and products in the field.
Experience with adhesive coating lines and web handling is critical to assure quality and continuous improvement in coating yields. Responsible for the new product scale-up on silicone and adhesive coating lines and interacting with manufacturing for high volume processing and troubleshooting variance in the product and raw materials. In-depth understanding of PDMS chemistries and applications in gels and adhesive forms. Present bi-weekly updates on development projects to management. Contribute in strategic planning with senior management team and board.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay Materials (Fremont, Ca) was founded in 2000 to provide materials R&D for Bay Area companies. Clients have included Align Technology, Boston Scientific, Tyco Electronics, Cable Plus (China) and many others. We have opportunities for summer internship (2016), with opportunity … Continue reading
Miasole / Hanergy Job ID# 0122-15 RESPONSIBILITIES: Characterize thermoplastic/thermoset polymer characterization methods and composite materials for use in thin film solar cells and modules. Collaborate with Research, Process Development, Reliability teams in evaluation of new materials and processes. … Continue reading
Molecular Cloning Laboratories (MCLAB) is a leader in providing genomic research consumables and services to the Life Sciences community.
If you are interested in working with us and believe you may be qualified, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com Continue reading