We are looking for a fantastic Director of Engineering to be responsible for designing chemical processes, overseeing implementation, and leading projects and people. The successful candidate will be able to lead the scale up of our lab chemical processes to safe, effective pilot and industrial processes.
This is a full-time on-site position in Menlo Park, California. We accept domestic and Canadian applicants.
NOTE: Engineers from bio-related fields (biomedical, genetic, etc.) are NOT accepted for this position.
– Build up core engineering team
– Lead engineering team to develop, configure, and optimize in-house chemical processes from inception through to start up and certification
– Design, run, test, and upgrade systems and processes
– Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
– Perform process simulations and risk assessments
– Develop HAZOP, start-up/shut-down SOPs, and safety training content
– Manage project with equipment vendors and external consultants
– Managed or collaborated with cross functional engineering team: mechanical, electrical, chemical process
– Managed projects in chemical process scale up (from lab to pilot)
– Designed and operated chemical process equipment
Developed safety and operability assessment (e.g. HAZOP) for processes involving hazardous materials and waste
– Developed PFDs, P&IDs, and equipment specifications for pilot and/or commercial systems that were taken through construction
– Minimum 7 years of industry experience
– Minimum BS degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
– Experience in process simulations
– Familiarity with health and safety regulations
– Experience designing or operating oxidation processes and equipment
– Licensed PE (professional engineer)