Molecular Cloning Laboratories (MCLAB) is a leader in providing genomic research consumables and services to the Life Sciences community.
If you are interested in working with us and believe you may be qualified, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Basic function and scope of position:
• A hands-on position to develop polymers/co-polymers for biological applications.
• Function involves applying surface modification techniques to various solid supports.
• In depth understanding in solution phase free-radical polymerization.
• Hand-on experience in purification and characterization of monomers and polymers (dialysis, lyophilization, IR, NMR, GPC, etc.).
• Strong experience in organic and inorganic chemistry with an emphasis on modifying and characterizing surfaces (SEM, XPS, ellipsometry, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of bioconjugation techniques is also required for this position.
• Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think creatively and being a team player are essential.
• Self starter: The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own project with minimum supervision.
Background: BSc or MSc in Chemistry, polymer chemistry, or related field
Experience: 3+ years of industry experience required.