Tag Archives: surface chemistry
• Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
• Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling mechanisms.
• Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
• Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
• Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
• Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
• Implement statistical process control tools.
• Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
• Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Desired Skills and Background
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, with additional knowledge in surface chemistry, polymers, analytical methods, and molecular biology.
• 5 years relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry.
• Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
• Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
• Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.