Other events of interest to the GGPF audience. Updated June 2019 Continue reading
The GGPF regrets to announce that the January 9, 2019 Dinner Meeting, “Covalent Plasticizers by Thermal Huisgen Cyclization with PVC-azide” with Prof. Breslau from UC-Santa Cruz has been cancelled. We will reschedule the speaker at a future date. Registrants who … Continue reading
Work hands on in a fast pace environment on New Product Development and Introduction
Perform FMEAs to identify risks and mitigations for new products
Develop product specifications and release criteria based on customer requirements and process capability
Raw material qualification (develop testing and risk plan, talk to vendors)
Help design and analyze experiments for property and process ranges
Work cross functionally with sales, R&D, manufacturing, customers and vendors
Work at times in clean room environment
Assist in equipment validation and qualification
Assist in creating a design control system
Technical reporting and documentation
Familiar with basic statistics and how to apply them
Bachelors of Science or higher education
5+ years of relevant experience
Self-starter, nimble, friendly, and organized
Familiar with basic metrology methods such as tensile, rheology, and microscopy
Familiar with ISO 9001:205
Can prioritize work, self-driven and can work independently
JMP or other statistical software Continue reading
• Solid knowledge of structure-processing-property relationships in polymer science
• Rich laboratory experience in polymer synthesis, processing, and characterization
• An interactive and responsible team person with strong interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will provide polymer expertise and support for the R&D of new products and materials used in our industrial heat-tracing applications. Interested candidates may send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical professional with nineteen years of industrial experience developing innovative process technologies and products in the plastic recycling industry. Background in chemical engineering with extensive experience in both domestic and foreign markets. An energetic leader with excellent communication and analytical skills. Continue reading
• Result-oriented materials engineering professional with 4 years of experience in chemistry/polymer labs,
• Strongly knowledgeable about ISO and ASTM standards for plastics,
• Contribute to polymer extrusion, injection molding processes,
• Executed physical, mechanical, and thermal characterization techniques of polymeric composites,
• Process optimizer through DOE, Statistical analyst having prior experience in analyzing data with JMP and SPSS,
• Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
• Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling mechanisms.
• Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
• Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
• Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
• Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
• Implement statistical process control tools.
• Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
• Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Desired Skills and Background
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, with additional knowledge in surface chemistry, polymers, analytical methods, and molecular biology.
• 5 years relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry.
• Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
• Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
• Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
– Expert in polymer engineering, physics and chemistry related to the processing-structure-property relationship of multiphase polymeric systems.
– Strong leadership skills and excellent team player with profound interpersonal and management skills.
– Experienced in polymer co/extrusion, reaction injection molding, casting and also post-processing techniques.
– Experienced in characterizing polymers by DMA, DSC, TGA, TMA, X-ray, AFM, SEM, TEM, FTIR, BET, and mechanical testing.
– Experienced in technical presentations, reports, scholarly publications (30 peer-reviewed papers) and familiar with patent writing. Continue reading
• PhD. +10 years, M.S. +12 years, or B.S. +15 years’ experience desired with a background in Polymer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
• Deep knowledge of polymer films and processing techniques
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis (JMP, etc.)
• Demonstrated record of innovation and new material development bringing novel polymeric elastomers, coatings, adhesives, and/or composites to market.
• Effective communication of technical findings to drive decision-making.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving.