von Holzhausen is a fast-growing materials innovation company on a mission to make leather extinct. We produce leather alternatives that are 100% animal free and sustainable, capturing the essence of premium leather without the negative environmental impact.
von Holzhausen is seeking a polymer chemist to work within our Los Angles Innovation Lab on our next generation leather alternatives. The polymer chemist is one of the key roles within the company and critical to the success of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in creating novel chemistries, creating IP, and with strong leadership skills to lead and grow our team of scientists.
Major job responsibilities:
• You will serve as a technical and problem-solving expert in polymer chemistry and product development.
• You are expected to conduct polymer synthesis if necessary, and product formulations.
• You shall assist with batch scale-up if necessary, and provide technical support to
Manufacturing, Quality, Sales and Customers.
• You are expected to work in an industrial laboratory following all the applicable EHS
guidance, and maintain a clear track record of your lab work.
• You are expected to develop products that meet customer specifications and/or
• You are expected to research and outreach to different raw material suppliers.
• You are expected to conduct literature review and IP search regularly in support of
• You can work independently with minimal supervision as well as function well as in a
• You can communicate effectively within the team and across multiple functions.
a PhD degree in materials science, polymer, chemistry, or chemical engineering with strong research expertise in polymer chemistry and polymer materials.
a Legally working in USA without VISA sponsorship
Desired to have:
• Experience in sustainable polymer chemistry, especially in bio-based polymer synthesis.
• Experience in bio-based elastomers synthesis, formulation and characterization
• Experience in topcoat development and characterization
• Experience of working in an industrial laboratory setting
• Experience in patent application
• Experience in design of experiments (DOE), and failure modes and
effects analysis (FMEA)
If you think you are a fit, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org