Zymergen is hiring an experienced engineer with expertise in roll-to-roll manufacturing and film casting to expand our Products Division Chemical Engineering capability. As a member of the Chemical Engineering process development team, the incumbent will develop and transfer production processes of Zymergen’s novel films to commercial scale.
To apply, submit application (resume and cover letter) to the following external job posting: https://grnh.se/9538610a1us
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities
An ideal candidate for this position will perform the following duties:
– Develop and transfer processes for various steps of film manufacturing processes, and transfer processes between sites
– Plan and execute process development trials; coordinate sample characterization activities
– Support development of quality specifications
– Provide oversight of external partners and manage process and/or equipment testing at Contract Research Organizations/Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CROs/CMOs) and equipment vendor facilities
– Cross-functional work with fermentation downstream process development group, materials research project teams, project management, product management, and commercial operations to drive time-critical projects to completion under safe operating conditions.
– Build out laboratory capabilitiesProvide regular project updates for products leadership
We favor candidates with the following qualification/experience:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical) or closely related field is required
– Candidates with 2+ years of industry experience in roll-to-roll manufacturing and film casting processes are preferred. Candidates with less than 2 years of experience may be considered.
– Demonstrated experience in scaling processes from lab/pilot into operational pilot/commercial-scale facilities, including tech transfers and on-site support.
– Experience with hazard management analysis and demonstrated focus on safe operations is a must
– Previous experience in the field of synthetic biology is not essential
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a science and material innovation company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.