Tel: (631)5385588 | Email: email@example.com
• Extensive experience in polymer physics/chemistry/processing, polymer composites and polymer blends formulation, materials characterization, mechanics analysis, surface science, interface performance analysis, polymer thin films.
• Strong ability to simultaneously lead or participate in multiple cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management.
• Strong oral, writing and presentation communication skills.
• Material Characterization: AFM, DMA, DSC, FTIR, GIWAXS, SEM-EDS, SIMS, TEM, TGA, WAXS, SAXS, Rheometer, UV-Vis, Optical microscope, Neutron scattering, ASTM/ISO material performance testing, Instron tensile, Contact angle measurement, UL-94, LOI, Cone calorimeter, Ellipsometer.
• Material Engineering and Synthesis: Polymer composites and polymer blend formulation, polymer thin film/membrane manufacturing, polymer extruding, molding and 3D-printing. Functionalization of nanoparticles and microparticles. Si wafer surface treatment and examination. Surface modification. Organic chemical synthesis.
• Proficient tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Origin, Matlab, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Aqabus, Chemdraw.
Orinko Advanced Plastics Co.,LTD|Intern Student May 2017 – Jun 2017
• Experimented to elucidate the best formulation, processing conditions and properties of polymeric materials.
• Examined the chemical compositions of plastics and mixed plastics to produce new products.
• Properly tested the thermal and mechanical properties of the new products.
Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company Limited|Intern Student Jul. 1st – 15th. 2013
• Worked as an integral part of the production team by retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients.
• Worked with other team members to complete the production process.
• Learned the principle of chemical process and gained with the chemical fibre production system architecture.
• Ph.D. in Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Stony Brook University, SUNY Aug 2016 – Present
• M.S. in Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.90, Stony Brook University, SUNY Aug 2014 – May 2016
• M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University Sep 2013 – Jun 2014
• B.S. in Chemistry, GPA: 3.30, Nanjing University Sep 2007 – Feb 2012
Polymer product characterization for the Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
• Cooperated with the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. with the polymer product characterization.
• Measuring the tensile strength, impact strength, gas permeability of the thin films, FTIR, light absorbance performance and trying to improve the properties of the materials.
Effects of clay platelets and natural nanotubes on mechanical properties and gas permeability of Poly- (lactic acid) nanocomposites (Published)
• Determined the intercalation of particles within the PLA matrix.
• Studied the environmentally safe alternatives for modifying the mechanical and gas barrier properties of PLA.
Enhancing the Mechanical Properties of Biodegradable Polymer Blends Using Tubular Nanoparticle Stitching of the Interfaces (Published)
• Determined the dispersion preference of the nanoparticles in the PLA/PBAT blend system.
• Studied the interfacial morphology of PLA/PBAT blend polymer composites.
Engineering flame retardant biodegradable polymer nanocomposites and their application in 3D printing (Published)
• Created a flame retardant, environmentally sustainable PLA composite with MPP and C-30B.
• Developed a 3D printable flame retardant PLA composites.
Capitalizing on the molybdenum disulfide/graphene synergy to produce mechanical enhanced flame retardant ethylene-vinyl acetate composites with low aluminum hydroxide loading (Published)
• Discussed the mechanical properties and flammability of EVA composites with ATH, MoS2 and GNPs.
• Developed a flame retardant EVA composite with low additive loading.
Incorporation of cellulose with adsorbed phosphates into poly (lactic acid) for enhanced mechanical and flame retardant properties (Published)
• Engineered an environmentally sustainable, biodegradable, and flame retardant PLA based composite.
• Achieved with high impact resistance, elastic moduli, and tensile strength materials.
Enhancing Impact Resistance of Polymer Blends via Self-Assembled Nanoscale Interfacial Structures (Published)
• Designed and engineered an environmentally sustainable PLA/PMMA/PBAT ternary polymer blends.
• Comparable properties to high impact resistant conventional polymers.
• Studied the interfacial morphology within the polymer blends.
Enhancing Impact Resistances of PLA/Styrenic Blends via compatible random copolymer(Ready to Submit)
• Toughened the binary PLA/ PS&HIPS polymer blends by compatibilizing the interface with SMMA random copolymer.
• Studied the interfacial morphology within the ternary system and obtained the best formula for the material.
1. “Designing Nanoplatelet Alloy/Nafion Catalytic Interface for Optimization of PEMFCs: Performance, Durability, and CO Resistance”, ACS Catalysis 9(2) (2019) 1446-1456.
2. “Templated dentin formation by dental pulp stem cells on banded collagen bundles nucleated on electrospun poly (4-vinyl pyridine) fibers in vitro”, ActaBiomaterialia 76 (2018) 80-88.
3. “Roles of Interfacial Tension in Regulating Internal Organization of Low Bandgap Polymer Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells by Polymer Additives”, Advanced Materials Interfaces 5(15) (2018) 1800435.
4. “Enhancing Impact Resistance of Polymer Blends via Self-Assembled Nanoscale Interfacial Structures”, Macromolecules 51(11) (2018) 3897-3910.
5. “Incorporation of cellulose with adsorbed phosphates into poly (lactic acid) for enhanced mechanical and flame retardant properties”, Polymer Degradation and Stability 144 (2017) 155-166.
6. “Capitalizing on the molybdenum disulfide/graphene synergy to produce mechanical enhanced flame retardant ethylene-vinyl acetate composites with low aluminum hydroxide loading”, Polymer Degradation and Stability 144 (2017) 24-32.
7. “Engineering flame retardant biodegradable polymer nanocomposites and their application in 3D printing”, Polymer Degradation and Stability 137 (2017) 205-215.
8. “Enhancing the mechanical properties of biodegradable polymer blends using tubular nanoparticle stitching of the interfaces”, Polymer 83 (2016) 246-259.
9. “Enhancing the mechanical properties of biodegradable polymer blends using tubular nanoparticle stitching of the interfaces”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8(27) (2016) 17565-17573.
• “Enhancing Thermal Conductivity of PBAT/Graphene Composites via Applying PLA as Second Phase Reorganizer.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, 2018.
• “Enhancing Impact Resistance of Polymer Blends via Self-Assembled Nanoscale Interfacial Structures.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2018.
• “Enhancing Thermal Conductivity and Mechanical Performance of PLA/PBAT Blends with Boron Nitride and Graphene.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2018.
• “Enhancing Mechanical Property of Biodegradable PLA Using Ternary Polymer Blends.” Material Research Society Fall Meeting Boston 2018
• “Capitalizing on the Molybdenum Disulfide/Graphene Synergy to Produce Mechanical Enhanced Flame Retardant Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate Composites with Low Aluminum Hydroxide Loading.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2018.
• “A Novel Fire Retardant Solution to Mitigate the Onset of Wildfires.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2018.
• “Effect of MoS2 and Graphene in Halogen-Free Flame Retardant Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate Composites.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2016.
• “Compatibility and Impact Resistance of Biodegradable Polymer Blends Using Clays and Natural Nanotubes.” Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, 2015.