Chemistry and Characterization of Polymer Surfaces and Interfaces
Announcing the Golden Gate Polymer Forum Fall Symposium
CHEMISTRY AND CHARACTERIZATION OF POLYMER SURFACES AND INTERFACES
November 13, 1997
Michael's at Shoreline Mountain View, CA 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- XPS In Industry: Practical Examples Dr. Tom Lenk, Raychem
- TOF-SIMS of Polymers Dr. Alan Spool, IBM Storage Products Division
- Rheological Properties of Polymers as Studied by AFM Professor Rene Overney, University of Washington
- Adhesion and Progressive Debonding of Organic/Inorganic Interfaces Professor Reinhold Dauskhardt, Stanford University
- Interfacial Interactions of Perfluoropolyether Lubricants with Carbon Overcoated Magnetic Recording Media Dr. George Tyndall, IBM Almaden Research Center
- Plasma and Sputtering Treatments of Fluoropolymers with XPS Characterization Dr. Morton A. Golub, NASA Ames
The technical program will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m., followed by a wine and cheese reception. The agenda will allow ample time for discussion with the speakers. Abstracts will be available, prior to the symposium, upon request. Registration Fee: $125. Registration Deadline: Monday, November 10th. Fee includes lunch (including vegetarian options) and refreshments during the breaks.
To register, contact either: Kathy Farinas email@example.com (650) 599-3576 Subbu Venkatraman firstname.lastname@example.org (650) 494-5035 It is preferable, but not required, to send checks in advance. Send checks to: Allen Nixon Raychem Corporation 300 Constitution Drive MS 122/6403 Menlo Park, CA 94025-1164
Directions to Michael's at Shoreline: From 101 north or south, take the Shoreline Boulevard Exit going towards the bay. Drive past the amphitheater into Shoreline Park. After approximately a mile, a sign will direct you to turn left into the parking lot. Address: 2960 N Shoreline Blvd. Phone: (415) 962-1014