Category Archives: Jobs
Senior Level Plastics Engineering Specialist position with an established and growing Bay Area company. The person we are looking for will be involved in the development and fabrication of a variety of high volume plastic components and devices (permanent and consumable) and precision mechanisms. He/she will also consult on and be the company’s subject matter expert for new and more environmentally compatible polymeric materials.
If interested please contact:
Moe Reitman, Ph.D.
Polymer Chemist von Holzhausen is a fast-growing materials innovation company on a mission to make leather extinct. We produce leather alternatives that are 100% animal free and sustainable, capturing the essence of premium leather without the negative environmental impact. von … Continue reading
Western Digital Chromatography / Polymer Chemist San Jose, CA Full-time Business Function: Analytical & Characterization Engineering Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters–LOC_WDT_USCA23 Company Description At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of … Continue reading
Zymergen is hiring an experienced engineer with expertise in roll-to-roll manufacturing and film casting to expand our Products Division Chemical Engineering capability. As a member of the Chemical Engineering process development team, the incumbent will develop and transfer production processes … Continue reading
We invent technologies to transform unrecyclable plastics into virgin-quality performance materials for a circular economy.
BioCellection has developed an advanced chemical recycling technology to turn polyethylene waste, such as garbage bags, bubble wrap, and shrink wrap, into chemical intermediates that make higher value, longer lasting performance materials for car parts, coatings, apparel, and more.
We make the world better by preventing plastic pollution and reducing petroleum dependence. Currently, we have a research lab and office in Menlo Park and expect to transition into an industrial facility next summer when we scale the technology to a demonstration size.
Our team is progressive, collaborative, relentless, and future-oriented. Join us on our mission to turn the plastic pollution crisis into an even bigger business opportunity – see our video.
Please contact Ramya Venkateswaran firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.trycoral.com/ https://angel.co/company/coral-labs-1/jobs/527213-color-chemist Coral labs looking for a color chemist with training and experience in polymer synthesis, characterization, and coatings. We are building brand new technology in nail care and you will be a contributor to … Continue reading
Polymer and/or adhesives professional for Amazon Lab126 in Sunnyvale, California. Join our amazing team of inventors! Have fun and work hard! Contact Candy Rose at email@example.com Continue reading
Work hands on in a fast pace environment on New Product Development and Introduction
Perform FMEAs to identify risks and mitigations for new products
Develop product specifications and release criteria based on customer requirements and process capability
Raw material qualification (develop testing and risk plan, talk to vendors)
Help design and analyze experiments for property and process ranges
Work cross functionally with sales, R&D, manufacturing, customers and vendors
Work at times in clean room environment
Assist in equipment validation and qualification
Assist in creating a design control system
Technical reporting and documentation
Familiar with basic statistics and how to apply them
Bachelors of Science or higher education
5+ years of relevant experience
Self-starter, nimble, friendly, and organized
Familiar with basic metrology methods such as tensile, rheology, and microscopy
Familiar with ISO 9001:205
Can prioritize work, self-driven and can work independently
JMP or other statistical software Continue reading
The successful candidate will provide polymer expertise and support for the R&D of new products and materials used in our industrial heat-tracing applications. Interested candidates may send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
• Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling mechanisms.
• Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
• Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
• Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
• Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
• Implement statistical process control tools.
• Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
• Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Desired Skills and Background
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, with additional knowledge in surface chemistry, polymers, analytical methods, and molecular biology.
• 5 years relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry.
• Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
• Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
• Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.