Author Archives: guest
The successful candidate will provide polymer expertise and support for the R&D of new products and materials used in our industrial heat-tracing applications. Interested candidates may send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical professional with nineteen years of industrial experience developing innovative process technologies and products in the plastic recycling industry. Background in chemical engineering with extensive experience in both domestic and foreign markets. An energetic leader with excellent communication and analytical skills. Continue reading
• Result-oriented materials engineering professional with 4 years of experience in chemistry/polymer labs,
• Strongly knowledgeable about ISO and ASTM standards for plastics,
• Contribute to polymer extrusion, injection molding processes,
• Executed physical, mechanical, and thermal characterization techniques of polymeric composites,
• Process optimizer through DOE, Statistical analyst having prior experience in analyzing data with JMP and SPSS,
• Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of chemistry based production processes.
• Integration of these chemistries into various fluidic handling mechanisms.
• Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
• Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
• Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
• Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
• Implement statistical process control tools.
• Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
• Install and verify equipment, document processes and train operators.
Desired Skills and Background
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, with additional knowledge in surface chemistry, polymers, analytical methods, and molecular biology.
• 5 years relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry.
• Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
• Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
• Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
– Expert in polymer engineering, physics and chemistry related to the processing-structure-property relationship of multiphase polymeric systems.
– Strong leadership skills and excellent team player with profound interpersonal and management skills.
– Experienced in polymer co/extrusion, reaction injection molding, casting and also post-processing techniques.
– Experienced in characterizing polymers by DMA, DSC, TGA, TMA, X-ray, AFM, SEM, TEM, FTIR, BET, and mechanical testing.
– Experienced in technical presentations, reports, scholarly publications (30 peer-reviewed papers) and familiar with patent writing. Continue reading
• PhD. +10 years, M.S. +12 years, or B.S. +15 years’ experience desired with a background in Polymer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
• Deep knowledge of polymer films and processing techniques
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis (JMP, etc.)
• Demonstrated record of innovation and new material development bringing novel polymeric elastomers, coatings, adhesives, and/or composites to market.
• Effective communication of technical findings to drive decision-making.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving.
Manages the Analytical lab supporting all Delphon products, lab requests and managing lab and equipment resources. Develops material solutions for new customer applications, working with sales and manufacturing to assure the product meets customer specifications and is transferred to manufacturing with complete process documentation. Interface with customers, sales and manufacturing on the product launch. Manages, mentors and trains the technical staff of chemists and technicians. Has complete ownership of the Gel-Pak silicone technology, processes and strategic vendors. Responsible for assisting manufacturing with root cause analysis of material problems in-house and products in the field.
Experience with adhesive coating lines and web handling is critical to assure quality and continuous improvement in coating yields. Responsible for the new product scale-up on silicone and adhesive coating lines and interacting with manufacturing for high volume processing and troubleshooting variance in the product and raw materials. In-depth understanding of PDMS chemistries and applications in gels and adhesive forms. Present bi-weekly updates on development projects to management. Contribute in strategic planning with senior management team and board.
Reply to: email@example.com
Seeking position…… Experience: organic chemistry, materials chemistry, photonics, synthesis, ca. 11 years Work on bench, moving into supervisory role Contact details: Fenton Heirtzler 1034 Colorado Avenue, Apt. 1-D Palo Alto, California 94303 Tel: +1 301-312-5145 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.linkedin.com/in/fentonhorgchem Citizenship: … Continue reading
Bay Materials (Fremont, Ca) was founded in 2000 to provide materials R&D for Bay Area companies. Clients have included Align Technology, Boston Scientific, Tyco Electronics, Cable Plus (China) and many others. We have opportunities for summer internship (2016), with opportunity … Continue reading
My areas of expertise are:
• Research & Development
• Product Development
• Product Launches
• Technical Sales
• Team building/ Leadership
• Customer Relationships
• Public Speaking, Presentation
• Project Management
• QC/ QA
• Event/Exhibition Management
• Lab Testing/ Calibration
• Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency